- Family needs flexibility and a typical work week is 40 hours. The hours may occasionally shift as needed to accommodate the parents work/travel schedule. May need occasionally need to stay overnight or until later in the evening.
- Weekends are NOT required. The family believes that weekends are time for you to recharge and they have weekend sitters.
- Travel to the family’s Michigan home (90 minutes away) maybe requested during children's school breaks/ in the summer. There is additional pay for overnights / extra hours / travel.
- Daily driving the children to and from school & activities/making lunches/scheduling play dates, play and read etc. Typically nanny duties and supervising homework and projects.
- Full Management of household- grocery shopping, basic cooking, basic daily straightening up, organizing, coordinating repairs inside and outside, household/personal errands, all laundry except master sheets & towels, care for plants, family style light cooking.
- The family does have a housekeeper that does the DEEP cleaning 2x/week-- one day all day and Friday for a few hours-- she vacuums, mop, master sheets and towels, bathrooms etc.).
- The position includes great salary plus excellent benefits such as paid vacation, holidays, sick days etc.
- College degree and background in education or child development is a requirement of the position. This is non - negotiable.
- The family is looking for someone very strong that can effectively manage their time and help to create a warm, consistent, stable environment and provide the necessary structure and discipline for two school age children.
Highly experienced Nanny Manager for Executive Lincoln Park family with Two School Age Children
Busy family on Near North Side seeks experienced housekeeper.
Exceptional FT Housekeeper and Family Assistant Needed for wonderful Lincoln Park Family
• Full Housekeeping of 6K SF single family home
• Applicant must be able comfortable with an employer who is in and out of the home
• A significant amount of care of children is not required but employee does need to be child friendly - able to assist with transportation for the children and provide occasional care in the afternoon / evening if the parents are out
• Full housekeeping and Laundry – minimal ironing
• Applicant must have a history and working knowledge of how to care for varies types of surfaces and textiles including: marble; porcelain tile; wool; silk; etc.
• Organization and maintenance of closets, pantries, etc.
• Assisting employer with packing and unpacking as needed
• Maintaining, purchasing and restocking of household staples
• Grocery shopping and errands as needed
• Family style cooking and meal planning when principles are not traveling
• Monday through Friday 10:30am to 6:30pm with flexibility to adjust hours and stay late if needed when the parents have an event Monday through Friday only (no weekends)
• Able to take constructive feedback, highly organized, and has an excellent eye for detail
• Only candidates with a minimum of 3 years private service experience in a similar position with exceptional references will be considered.
• Highly Competitive compensation, paid vacation, and paid holidays
• Extensive background check, good driving record, and confidentiality agreement are required
Wonderful Chicago family seeks fantastic after school nanny for their elementary school age child.
Professional executive family in Oak Park seeks full time assistant and house manger start date is ASAP.
Dynamic family in northern/northwestern suburbs seeks full time nanny / family assistant for their family, to begin as soon as possible.
Don't miss out on your dream job, "like" us to stay up to date on the latest job postings!