- Family has a newborn and an older child, who goes to day care. Mother is on maternity leave through December.
- Beginning December 6th, nanny will care for both children; later older child will go to day care. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5 p.m. In January, hours will be lengthened to 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.; in January, care will be for infant only.
- Standard compensation and benefits.
- Family will be out of town during the holidays.
- Responsibilities will include all care of the children (or the infant after the older child is in day care); light housework, such as cleaning up after the children, etc. It would be ideal if nanny could do family laundry and start dinner for the family.
- Family desires a non smoker, and must come from a non smoking family.
- Should have previous experience with infants and young children.
- Mature, dependable, responsible.
- Ideally a degree in early childhood education, child development, or child psychology is preferable, but not required.
- Nanny should be organized and highly structured, but allow for flexibility and adaptability regarding the changing needs of the children.
- Should be creative and able to develop activities to keep children engaged and active.
- Should look for teachable moments, and be able to help the older child with numbers, letters of the alphabet, etc.
- Nanny should drive and have a safe driving record; should be able to provide a car with proof of insurance and room for two car seats.
- Parking is readily available.
- Family has a very large, friendly dog; very little care is required of the dog, although nanny needs to like dogs and not be allergic.
- Lovely location.
- Nanny will need to have proof of a flu shot and a Tdap booster.
Busy professional family with two children in Oak Park seek temporary full time nanny, to begin in December and continue through the end of March or the middle of April.
Don't miss out on your dream job, "like" us to stay up to date on the latest job postings!