- Wonderful Chicago family on near South Side seeks full time nanny for their toddler, to begin late January.
- Both parents are physicians.
- Monday through Friday, starting between 6 and 7 a.m.-end time is variable; sometime between 4 and 6 p.m. Nanny will need to be flexible if both parents are delayed at work.
- Competitve salary and benefits, including paid sick days; paid holidays; and paid vacation, to be coordinated with the family.
- Nanny should have extensive experience working with toddlers; verifiable references are required.
- Nanny must drive and have a safe driving record; Nanny should supply a safe, serviceable vehicle with proof of insurance and room for a car seat. Family will reimburse for mileage directly related to on the job travel.
- As both parents are physicians, the nanny needs to be extremely flexible. There may be occasions when one parent has worked through the night, and is home asleep during the day. Nanny needs to be respectful of the situation.
- Responsibilities will include all care of the toddler, including meals; toilet training; naps; play; playdates; and developmentally appropriate games and activities. Other responsibilities include grocery shopping (nanny will be reimbursed by family); laundry; organizing and cleaning kitchen and play areas; washing dishes; running errands.
- Toddler has a love of reading and has been learning sign language. An knowledge of American Sign Language would be very useful.
- Family has specific dietary requirements, which must be adhered to.
- A background in early childhood education or experience as a teacher would be an asset.
- Excellent English required.
- Must be very physically fit, active, and able to keep up with the demands of a busy toddler. Additionally, the home is a townhome with several flights of stairs.
- Family has one cat who is very loving and affectionate. If nanny could manage to take cat to PetCo to have the nails trimmed, it would be appreciated. Parents will reimburse. Nanny should not have allergies and like animals.
Don't miss out on your dream job, "like" us to stay up to date on the latest job postings!